Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our little reader...

We have been reading to Avonlea every day since she was born. When we were working on her daytime sleep and naptime routines, we built in a story before every naptime. When she napped a lot, that was at least three books a day.


As Avonlea's naps have decreased (one a day now), we find her often reading by herself. Or at least turning the pages of her books. She also will bring Matt or I a book, sit down in our laps and want us to read to her. It's one of my favorite things to do with her.



Having a reader is definitely something I can handle. The other day I was struck with a thought that semi-terrified me. What if Avonlea turns out to be an athlete?! I guess it's a good thing I have Matt around for her to have a parent she can relate to. ;)

1 comment:

alisha said...

I'd expect nothing less from a daughter of Joanna Roddy. :) I'm hoping for a little reader too one day!